Craft Your Own Game in Seconds with ChatGPT 4.0: Here's How!

In a nutshell, the new ChatGPT 4o by OpenAI is stellar in crafting code. Using it, I crafted an arcade game effortlessly. I shared a snapshot of the Breakout game with ChatGPT 4o, and it conjured up the entire code seamlessly. The game operated flawlessly, and ChatGPT 4o even enhanced it by integrating replay functionality and a scoring system.



Recently, I was on a quest to explore innovative ways to put ChatGPT 4o and Gemini 1.5 Pro's coding prowess to the test, aiming for a thorough comparison. Finally, I stumbled upon a simple yet effective method to evaluate their vision and coding abilities. Picture this: the classic arcade gem, Breakout. Yep, that's the one I aimed to recreate, with ChatGPT 4o as my trusty sidekick.

Craft Your Own Game in Seconds with ChatGPT 4.0: Here's How!


Here's the scoop: I snagged a screenshot of Breakout from the vast expanse of Google. Then, I fed this image to ChatGPT 4o, requesting it to whip up the game in Python. Why Python, you ask? Well, for its simplicity in setup and execution.


ChatGPT 4o wasted no time. In a matter of seconds, it recognized the game and churned out the entire code flawlessly. I just needed to install one Python library, 'pygame', via a quick pip install pygame command. With that done, I copied the code into Notepad++ and saved it as a .py file.


Then came the moment of truth. I fired up the Terminal, executed the Python script, and voila! Breakout sprang to life on my screen, sans any glitches. It was a fully functional game, complete with paddle control and ball-saving action.


However, there was a minor hiccup: the game abruptly ended when the ball was lost. So, I turned to ChatGPT 4o once more, requesting a Replay function. Not only did it oblige with a "R" key replay feature, but it also threw in a "Q" key Quit function for good measure. I even jazzed up the game with a scoring system.


In just a few minutes, thanks to the wizardry of ChatGPT 4o, I had Breakout up and running on my PC. Despite my modest programming knowledge, I encountered no hurdles. Now, as for Gemini 1.5 Pro? It did generate the code, but alas, couldn't get the game to run—a rather disheartening outcome.